Pet lovers, especially cats, tend to own and breed certain breeds of them in their homes. There are certain breeds that are surprisingly expensive due to several factors such as low fertility rates and their scarcity or spread.
Of all the pets in the world, cats are the most popular with everyone and are found in many different places around the world.. They are not as expensive as dogs and therefore easy to take care of. The cat is distinguished by its self-cleaning and does not need daily walks like dogs, especially for people who are always busy.
Here are 20 of the most expensive cats in the world and their estimated value:
- Aussie cat – $800.
This cat originated as a hybrid of the Siamese cat, the Abyssinian cat and the American Shorthair. It is a social cat, because its fur has many colours, but they are all spotted. There are 12 official colors for this cat and they are known for their almond-shaped eyes and dark markings. They are a good choice of family pet because they have a gentle temperament which means they are good with children and get on well with other types of animals.
The most attractive feature of this type of cat is that it has the nature of a domestic cat but the appearance of a wild cat. Despite its appearance, it does not contain any wild cat genes at all.
- Norwegian Forest Cat – $800.
- This type of cat originated in Europe and has a long, glossy coat which means that it has adapted to living in a cold environment.
- The origins of these cats go back to the Viking Age in Norway around 1000 AD.
- The Norwegian Forest Cat faced extinction after World War II, but an official breeding program was set up by the Norwegian Forest Club to prevent this from happening.
- This cat is common in Norway, France, Sweden and Iceland. This breed is good at climbing and has a sturdy body, weighing between 7.7 and 10 lbs.