Breeding turkeys at home is one of the projects, which some may find very profitable, if they are traded, and on the other side it is a good source of meat, and turkey meat is distinguished by being low in fat than other meat, and gives a large amount of Meat, and the lowest percentage of fat, is very profitable either for personal use, eating it or through trading it.
How to feed a turkey at home
That raising domestic poultry at home is one of the things that many of us do today, and among the birds that are raised at home, and it is preferred to some are turkeys, and to breed and feed the turkey at home, it is necessary to follow the important and necessary steps next :
- Those who raise these birds must consider that the calcium content in the food provided to the turkeys should contain 2.25% of the calcium and 0.5% of the phosphorus, as these elements play a very important role. In the formation of the outer shell of the turkeys, as it is not necessary to put more other vitamins, in the foods that are provided to them.
- It is necessary to adhere to providing the shell powder, at a rate of 5 grams each day, in the stages of raising a turkey.
Measures to protect the breed from diseases
The breeder must take into account several preventive measures, to avoid exposure to the strain to diseases, and among these measures are the following:
- The breeder must follow up with the veterinary clinic to obtain a treatment program for breeding.
- Avoid putting more turkey chicks in one area, as the lack of ventilation in the area in light of the crowded area, can lead to many diseases and outbreaks.
- The chickens with diseases must be isolated and treated immediately, so that the disease does not spread between healthy chicks.
- They must clean their place on a daily basis and get rid of the dirt, which is around them to avoid diseases.
- In the event of the death of one of the chicks as a result of a disease, their corpses must be disposed of and dumped in a place far from the place where the healthy chicks live.
- It is necessary to clean the utensils in which food and drink are served, and provide them with food and drink continuously.
- The young chicks must be isolated from the old chicks, and it is the best in breeding methods.
Caring for small turkeys
Breeders should provide maximum care for young chicks from turkeys in the following manner:
The breeder must work to transport the young chicks, immediately after hatching, to a place designated for them, and must provide maximum protection for them, in order not to get any more diseases, and must be placed under them straw or sawdust, and in the cold must provide a place for heating In order for the young chicks not to freeze and die, after the size of the chicks evolves and grows in size, the number of chicks must be reduced in one place, and divided into more than one place.
Also, it is necessary to pay attention to the food of young chicks well, and the food of small chicks must contain 28% of the protein, and it is possible to add both carrots or boiled potatoes to their food.